Spaghetti with Spaghetti Squash
1 spaghetti squash
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
2 cups sliced in half cherry tomatoes
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese for topping
Tools You'll Need
- Cutting board/knife
- Measuring cup/spoons
- Medium mixing bowl
- Electric Skillet
- Cut spaghetti squash in half; scoop out seeds and bake for 20-45 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil.
- Brown ground beef; drain and add to sautéed vegetables.
- Add cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley and Italian seasoning.
- Simmer to heat through.
- Take a fork and scrape the squash out to create “pasta.”
- Add the squash pasta to the beef/vegetable mix.
- Toss until well coated, and serve with Parmesan cheese and a wedge salad.