Slow Cooker Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
1 small head of cabbage
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 tbsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped or dried
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup instant rice
4-6 small cans tomato juice
1 tsp black pepper
Tools You'll Need
- Cutting board/knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cup/spoons
- Strip leaves from cabbage and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, seasonings and rice.
- Mix together very well.
- Place a meatball-size portion of ground beef in one cabbage leaf; roll and tuck to seal.
- Continue with the cabbage rolls until meat mix is gone.
- In a Crock-Pot, add half of the canned tomato juice, followed by cabbage rolls.
- Top with remaining cans of tomato juice.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Slow cook in the Crock-Pot for approximately 3 hours (some appliances may vary).
- Cabbage should be soft, meat cooked completely through and rice tender.
- Serve with a light side salad.