Honey Sriracha Chicken
Sweet and spicy, this is slow-cooked comfort food without the guilt.
3 large chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp sriracha, or more for extra spiciness
1 tbsp ketchup
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tbsp flour
Tools You'll Need
- Cutting board/knife
- Measuring cup/spoons
- Marinade brush
- Grill or grill pan
- Optional: cooking thermometer
- Spray non-stick cooking spray all around the slow cooker. Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl; together the water, olive oil, honey, sriracha, and flour. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours, or until you reach desired tenderness for your chicken.
- While the chicken will be delicious alone, always consider including a vegetable. If you’d like to keep things simple, can always add the vegetable, such as baby carrots or broccoli florets, to the slow cooker during the last 30 or 60 minutes of cooking.
- Plate or serve in a bowl and enjoy!