Curry Rice with VegetablesBobby Andersen "Plant-Fueled Trucker"
No meat, no worries. Here’s a healthy and tasty way to mix it up in the cab.
1 cup brown rice (rinsed)
1 cup water
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 can roasted green chiles
Your choice of fresh or frozen veggies
1/4 cup water
Salt and pepper
Optional: Sweet & Sour or Peanut Sauce
Tools You'll Need
- Cutting board/knife
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Pressure cooker
- Place all ingredients, except veggies, in pressure cooker and set timer for approximately 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Allow cooker to naturally release pressure.
- Once time is up, remove rice mixture, add veggies, 1/4 cup of water and set timer for 3 minutes.
- Once time is up, do a “quick release” of pressure.
- Plate your rice and veggies, sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can also add some sweet & sour or peanut sauce for an extra special dish. Enjoy!